Monday, April 15, 2013

My Yummy Experiment: Mini Chocolate Cherry Dump Cakes

We were invited to a couple's house for dinner on Saturday and I had know about it for several days. I had volunteered to bring dessert but I didn't have anything in particular in mind. Well, Saturday rolled around and I still didn't have a plan. I also didn't really want to go buy anything. So I decided to take what I had at home and make it work!
I recently acquired lots of pantry items from my mother-in-law who is in the process of moving and I happen to have several things on hand that I don't normally just keep to have around. Two unique items were a box of cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling. I searched online for a recipe using both and found a dump cake recipe that I didn't quite have enough stuff for, but I liked the idea. I decided to make my mini version dump cakes!
Here are some pics I took along the way. My first step was to strap the 8 month old baby to my body to keep him happy. :) Next I scooped my cherry pie filling out and into the bottom of each muffin tin. (Side note: I got my muffin tins from my grandma so they look dirty but they're just old and stained. But because of it I use liners every time.😀) I only used half of the cake mix and evenly distributed it in each cup. I then cut a stick of butter into 12 slices and added that to the top. A little bit of sugar to finish it off and I put them in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. I let them cool and kept them in the fridge until it was almost time to go to dinner. I made some whipped cream and added a generous dollop to each. (Minus the two that I had sampled right out of the oven... Just to make sure I could serve it of course. ;) ) They turned out yummy! I was so excited!!













1 comment: