Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas Eve 2014


We had such a great Christmas! This year was different because we have never been at home for Christmas. (At our own house, just our family.) When I realized that was going to be the case this year, I got kind of excited to think about starting our own family traditions!
For a couple weeks I tried to think of anything and everything that I would like to do (or EAT) on Christmas...It was really fun to dream up a special day for us!
First I'll start with the day before...
Christmas Eve we hung our homemade ornaments. It was a recipe/project I found on Pinterest and it was kind of a fail. They never really dried out like they were supposed to, so I'm not really sure they'll be a lasting piece of my kids' childhood but it was fun to make with them! We had handprints from both boys, a heart with '14, and a "D"..
I also had grand plans of making yummy sugar cookies and I'll definitely be using a different recipe next year. The boys loved getting to use their cookie cutters and put sprinkles all over the iced cookies!
We finished up the afternoon watching a movie before the candle light Christmas Eve service at church. The boys wanted to hold the candles so bad and that made me way, way too nervous so we lit a couple at home to let them have a turn.

We all went to bed excited for the morning!






2 comments:

  1. Don't know how I missed this post! So much fun to create new memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to start traditions! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete